So many Kaiser stories have crossed our desk during the time we were not posting regularly that it would be impossible to put them all in one entry. The following is Part 1 of our attempt to catch up (we’ll add these to the Horror Stories pages later). Some of them were widely reported at the time, but others are on small websites that you are not likely to have seen before, so please take a few minutes to check them out. Also, please note that we have finally taken the plunge and created a Twitter account, which you can follow by clicking the button in our right sidebar. And as always, we appreciate your support.
- Kaiser bills father for son’s lab work, but refuses to tell him what he is paying for. Russ Whitman thinks they need more medical billing training. We think they need less red tape.
- In Four Years Later, Misty Autumn mourns the death of her beloved grandfather, after Kaiser forced a transfer from another hospital too soon.
- Kaiser doctor refused to treat sick two-year old girl, who later died.
- KP was investigated for allowing untrained call center employees to make medical decisions, then refused to turn over requested documents to the State of California. They really do believe they are above the law.
- A former KP employee, distraught over the fact that both he and his wife had been fired from Kaiser, killed himself, his wife and their 5 children after a Kaiser administrator reportedly told them they should blow their brains out. Harsh.
- Personal information of 29,500 Kaiser employees found on stolen laptop.
- My Dog is Chelsea wonders And why, exactly, is Kaiser Permanente a model for the nation? We often ask the same question.
- Phillip Dawdy would also like to know.
- Celly’s Sister remembers the hell that is giving birth at Kaiser (don’t we know it!), after they had contributed to two prior miscarriages. Believe it or not this is actually a happy story, just a rough time getting there.
That’s plenty for now. More to come soon!